Stuck at Deco Mesh setup

Stuck at Deco Mesh setup
Stuck at Deco Mesh setup
3 weeks ago
Tags: #help
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: idk

Hello, just recently bought this Deco mesh. Total newbie at this so just went along with the app insructions, but I cannot seem to get pass the connecting to the deco wifi nework process.

It asks me to create a wifi network so I did, and after that it asks me to connect to said network it always say it has failed. The indicator turns red at this point, I keep resetting it to turn it to blue.

This mesh is a 3 pack deco so I tried using all three, changing network name, different password, resetting my phone but same result. Always stuck at the 'failed to connect deco network". Please help, I feel so clueless and frustrated at being stuck so early in the setup.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Stuck at Deco Mesh setup
3 weeks ago

@tp-bungholio 

After you define the name/password of the new wifi network in the app, you should then connect your smartphone to the new wifi network.

Does your smartphone show that wifi network in the list of available wifi networks?

Options
Re:Stuck at Deco Mesh setup
3 weeks ago

@yves_b Thanks for the response. Found out my LAN ports 2-4 has been auto disabled for whatver reason, I had it connected to port 2 during set up. Finally got it to work when I switched it to 1. Damn my ISP's router configuration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 2

Tags

help
Related Articles