Wifi 6 with satellite

Wifi 6 with satellite

Wifi 6 with satellite
Wifi 6 with satellite
2024-06-09 18:42:20
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Any one seem to have this issue? Trying to determine if I have missed something. I have two axe75's set up as a mesh. One is the base and the other is the satellite. This is done through a direct Ethernet connection. It all seems to function well with the entire system sharing where and what devices go to which unit. Except wifi 6? It is shown in the app and web browser app that it is on and capable through both the main and the satellite, and yet it only seems to emanate from the satellite unit? It's a large home, one unit at each end of the house. If I'm one the satellite side I get wifi 6 all day long, but at the other end it drops and can't at times even be found? Even though there is a unit right below me. Is there a function that maybe I have not switched or do these units in this configuration just force wifi 6 to one unit? Thanks, appreciate the advice 

Ben

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi 6 with satellite
2024-06-12 20:53:30

Hey @Aushdog,

Are you referring to your 6GHz network? This is different from Wi-Fi 6, which is a generation of Wi-Fi standard that, just to make things more difficult, did not make use of the 6Ghz band.

It is possible that the 6GHz network on your main node is being prioritized for use with the mesh's backhaul. I do not have one in front of me so I cannot check for certain, but you may potentially be able to see if there is an option in either your wireless settings or in your EasyMesh settings to use the 6Ghz for both the backhaul and a wi-fi network as there often is with traditional mesh networks like Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 1

Related Articles