Turn off Tether intrusion notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-29 13:55:06
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

New to TP-Link routers and struggling to love this thing as much as the reviewers.

I don't really want an app for my router. I check it periodically from home, but clearly TP-Link wants me to have an app if I'm going to implement the security tools I'm already having to pay for. Now I get constant notifications that it did it's job. This is like having a 5 yr old run up and tell me every time they did something good. The tools JOB is to block intrusions QUIETLY. Port probes are CONSTANT on the Internet. I don't need to hear about it. Put it in the report. DOS attacks are just another probe usually. The app has notification settings, but there is no "off" option without going to the IOS, but I DO want to know when there is new firmware and I do want the weekly report. But I can find no way to shut off specific alerts.

Honestly, the whole app thing just seems like a marketing ploy. Tell me how this is a good thing? Why can it not just quietly do it's job?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 0

Related Articles