Votes

T310/T315 Suggestion: Add dew point as a calculated data field

Sunday - last edited Monday
Model: Tapo T315   Tapo T310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

The Temperature & Humidity Sensors have all the data necessary to calculate the dew point. The dew point is the temperature at which the humidity in the air forms dew. It can basically be used as a value to measure the absolute humidity in the air.

I would suggest to add the dew point as a third data field in the app, in addition to temperature and humidity. The dew point can be approximated with a formula just by using the relative humidity and the temperature, so the sensor already has all the necessary values to accomplish this. Formula see: bmcnoldy[dot]earth[dot]miami[dot]edu/Humidity.html

As this may be an unkown value to some users, it might make sense make this optional, and only show that value, when enabled as a setting.

My use case for the sensors is to monitor our summer house. When we're not there, temperatures inside can vary a lot - thus relative humidity is also varying quite a bit. The most important question is whether we will have condensation on the walls, which depends on the dew point (i.e. the absolute humidity in the air). The dew point would also allow to monitor the development of the absolute humidity across different temperatures.

We use the sensors to monitor the effectiveness of our dehumidifier, so knowing if the air is actually getting drier (and not just warmer) would be really helpful. Right now, we can do that sporadically by exporting the data and running it as an Excel calcalution, but having this built in would be massively more convenient. it would also allow us to run more automations.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 47

Replies: 0

Voters 1