Tapo D230S1 How far can the hub be away from the actual doorbell

a week ago - last edited Thursday
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I live in a 5th floor and I want to put the doorbell by the front door in my building. 

How far away can the hub be from the doorbell

Can I do a wifi connection or do I need to do a cable connection?

thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo D230S1 How far can the hub be away from the actual doorbell-Solution

@Anemix 

The recommended connection distance between the doorbell and the hub is approximately 6-9 meters. The actual distance may vary in different environments, and this data is for reference only.

The distance or connection type between the tapo hub and the router depends on the WiFi coverage of the router. You can adjust the distance between the hub, router, and doorbell based on the conditions in your environment. If the coverage of the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi from the router is limited and when the hub is within this range, the doorbell may not connect to the hub. In this case, consider using a wired connection for the hub.

Introduce TP-Link SubGHz Technology

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo D230S1 How far can the hub be away from the actual doorbell-Solution

@Anemix 

The recommended connection distance between the doorbell and the hub is approximately 6-9 meters. The actual distance may vary in different environments, and this data is for reference only.

The distance or connection type between the tapo hub and the router depends on the WiFi coverage of the router. You can adjust the distance between the hub, router, and doorbell based on the conditions in your environment. If the coverage of the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi from the router is limited and when the hub is within this range, the doorbell may not connect to the hub. In this case, consider using a wired connection for the hub.

Introduce TP-Link SubGHz Technology

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 74

Replies: 1

Related Articles