C425 no longer charging

C425 no longer charging

C425 no longer charging
C425 no longer charging
3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

C245 camera was on low battery 29%. Went to charge it and nothing happens. No Amber lights flashing. Flashes red one or twice then nothing. 

camera dectects movement while plugged I with mini HD, but doesn't provide live playback. Camera shows up as zero battery and offline. 

any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:C425 no longer charging
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Lionbrown0 

Do you use the original usb adapter and cable? Check whether this power supply can charge other devices.

Try to change a different power adapter or cable. Make sure the cable is tightly plugged in.

What do you mean by the mini HD?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

yeah tried all of that,same adapter and plug that it came with, which can charge other equipment. Multiple different plugs and cables, nothing. 
Even reset it, nothing works

sorry I accidentally put down the wrong cable, mini USB, not micro HD.   

When plugged in it can power on and I get a green LED when it detects movement and can view the playback. However there is no live feed, just says battery not charged. If the cable it's pulled while it is on, it dies and shows no sign of life. 

When plugged in on power, and you turn it off. I get the camera off message and it shuts down followed by a red light that flashes multiple times then clicks off. No signs of amber LEDs indicateing that it's charging. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Lionbrown0 

That's weird. Can you replicate these two phenomena and take a video? Please film the camera's Mac address and the spec info on the power adapter label in the video, or send me the information via PM separately. <Upload the video to YouTube or cloud drive then send us the link.>

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 3

Related Articles