"No compatible devices found" in Google Home...

2024-08-06 13:19:54 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

1. I switched broadband provide and changed the router today
  2. I kept the SSID and network passwords the same (so that all devices would automatically re-connect)
  3. For whatever reason one of the TP_Link link (HS100) plugs did not reconnect itself to the wifi
  4. So, I removed the device from Kasa and Google Home apps and unlinked Google and Kasa.
  5. I then restarted the plug (waited for flashing orange + green) and successfully re-added the plug to Kasa.
  6. However, I cannot get the plug to be recognised in Google Home and it keeps returning the "No compatible devices found" message.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Z

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"No compatible devices found" in Google Home...-Solution
2024-08-08 03:03:48 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Nkol7 

Check if this device can now be managed remotely (e.g. cellular data) using the Kasa app. If not, refer to the suggestions of Case 2 in this article. Cannot use the Kasa app to control my smart devices

If the remote management is normal, check whether you have entered the correct TP-Link account (the email address currently logged in on the Kasa App) when linking the Kasa Skill in the Google Home App.

More suggestions on Cannot make TP-Link smart devices work with Google Home

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:"No compatible devices found" in Google Home...-Solution
2024-08-08 03:03:48 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Nkol7 

Check if this device can now be managed remotely (e.g. cellular data) using the Kasa app. If not, refer to the suggestions of Case 2 in this article. Cannot use the Kasa app to control my smart devices

If the remote management is normal, check whether you have entered the correct TP-Link account (the email address currently logged in on the Kasa App) when linking the Kasa Skill in the Google Home App.

More suggestions on Cannot make TP-Link smart devices work with Google Home

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 157

Replies: 1

Related Articles