Device won't pair

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Device won't pair

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Device won't pair
Device won't pair
2024-01-12 17:27:27 - last edited 2024-01-18 01:49:25
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I don't know where to check my hardware version, please advise on that of it's necessary, I just bought the bulb.

Through the app I can get to the last screen where the bulb is pairing, but it will always fail. 

I'm on a Pixel 8 pro (don't have other phones or tablets avalable) and my router is a Vodafone Power Station WiFi6, on which I already disabled 5GHz wifi.

Any idea how to fix this?

thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Device won't pair-Solution
2024-01-18 01:49:19 - last edited 2024-01-18 01:49:25

@Spinningsky 

Make sure you have entered the correct WiFi password. Check if there is anything router settings that might block the connection of a new device, such as the access control (blacklist/whitelist).

Tips: Double-check the WiFi password by reconnecting WiFi on the phone. Delete/Forget the connected WiFi network, enter the password and reconnect.

For comparison testing, try to connect the smart bulb to the Guest WiFi or a Hotspot.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Device won't pair-Solution
2024-01-18 01:49:19 - last edited 2024-01-18 01:49:25

@Spinningsky 

Make sure you have entered the correct WiFi password. Check if there is anything router settings that might block the connection of a new device, such as the access control (blacklist/whitelist).

Tips: Double-check the WiFi password by reconnecting WiFi on the phone. Delete/Forget the connected WiFi network, enter the password and reconnect.

For comparison testing, try to connect the smart bulb to the Guest WiFi or a Hotspot.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 315

Replies: 1

Related Articles