Camera detecting rain and snow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-11 10:01:49 - last edited 2024-01-17 08:40:33
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

I've seen many posts complaining about the camera detecting rain and snow.

I have set motion and person detection to the lowest setting and it still detects rain and snow.

Has anything been done about this is or is it being worked on?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Camera detecting rain and snow -Solution
2023-12-12 09:11:18 - last edited 2024-01-17 08:40:33

@Graham35p 

Hi,
You can refer to the link to see how to reduce the detections for rain and snow.
How to reduce motion detections from rain, snow, or insects, etc.?

As you can see how the motion detection works in the above link, the detections for rain and snow can't be avoided. However, if these kinds of detections are too frequent, please let me know the detection types you have enabled and the sensitivity you have configured, and send me the video recordings of the rain or snow that you think should not trigger the detection for further analysis.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Camera detecting rain and snow -Solution
2023-12-12 09:11:18 - last edited 2024-01-17 08:40:33

@Graham35p 

Hi,
You can refer to the link to see how to reduce the detections for rain and snow.
How to reduce motion detections from rain, snow, or insects, etc.?

As you can see how the motion detection works in the above link, the detections for rain and snow can't be avoided. However, if these kinds of detections are too frequent, please let me know the detection types you have enabled and the sensitivity you have configured, and send me the video recordings of the rain or snow that you think should not trigger the detection for further analysis.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Camera detecting rain and snow
2024-01-15 09:47:58

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your help. 

I have recently I installed a C325WB and am also getting issues with snow trigger detections. 

I have turned off motion detection. I now just have person and line crossing detection. But unfortunately the snow is crossing the line, so still multiple notifications occur.  I have set up automation based on the detections, so these obviously get falsely triggered too. 

I could turn off line crossing too, but then what is the point of having features that cannot handle false notifications?

If you can create algorithms for person/pet/cars then I would hope that you can look at algorithms to prevent these sort of false alarms? Could you please consider this? 

Thanks

Options
2024-01-17 08:40:13

@MrBe 

Hi,
As we know, different detection types are suitable for different usage scenarios. Based on the detection mechanism of Line Crossing Detection and Motion Detection, the detection for drop snow can't be avoided.

In your usage scenario, please help confirm the following information, and then I'll forward your case to the relevant team to optimize the camera's detection feature to avoid false alarms as much as possible.
1. Please send me a picture of the camera's Device Settings>Detection page, and a picture of the enabled detection type page, such as the Line Crossing Detection page.
2. The frequency you received false triggered detections.
3. The video recordings showing the false triggered detections.

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-18 04:13:34

@Solla-topee In heavy rain, the tracking function of the C510W camera does not work properly even with the 1 sensor. It rotates wherever it wants and loses the set location. It is definitely not usable.

Options
2024-02-22 09:49:49

@VL-Georgiev 

Hi,
The tracking function performance is related to the camera configurations and usage scenario. In your case, please go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page, send me a picture of it, and go to the tracking feature page and send me a picture of it. 
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 5

Related Articles