Smart Switch in Location without WIFI still working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-10 06:25:30 - last edited 2023-11-15 11:25:06
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

-I installed smart dimmer switches (HS220) in a barn about 250 feet away from my house

-When I installed them, I had Wi-Fi at the barn. I used the same network name & password as the house.

-I have since disconnected the Wi-Fi at the barn...BUT the switches still work?? I can control the switches from my phone in the house.

Can somebody explain how this is happening? Do you ONLY need Wi-Fi when setting up the switch, then I can move it to a remote location? How am I still able to communicate with the switch?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Switch in Location without WIFI still working
2023-11-15 11:36:27

@bd2000 

To enable smart control through the Kasa App, a WiFi connection for the Kasa smart switch is essential. Without being on the same WiFi network, the App cannot detect the device, making App control impossible.

For local use within the WiFi network, an internet connection is not required.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options