Privacy Zones with Pan & Tilt cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-23 15:38:45
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

How do I setup privacy zones for the C510W camers?

I want to mask off my neighbours house and garden from any recording. 

When I go to: Device Settings -> Video & Display -> Privacy Zones 

It says I can add up to 14 privacy zones but it only shows me a still from the camera when it was first switched on, not the current view and gives me no otion to update to the current camera view. So I can only create a privacy zone in an area I don't want. 

How do I create privacy zones for other areas the camera camera is capable of panning to? 

I bought a set of two of these cameras and have the Tapo Care, but will have to return them if I can't be sure that I won't be infringing on my neighbours privacy.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Privacy Zones with Pan & Tilt cameras
2023-10-24 08:12:30

@LMD999 

Hi,

Please try the following tips and check if they help.
1) Please go to the Tapo app>Cameras tab>tap the play button on the camera to let the camera play for 10 seconds. Go to the camera's Device Settings> Video & Display> Privacy Zones page and check if the image shows correctly.
2) You can also try to force close the Tapo app and reopen it, then go to the privacy zone page to check if the image shows correctly.

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. What's the model number and OS version of your phone that installed the Tapo app?
2. What's your Tapo app version?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 1

Related Articles