Cant get motion detection thru ONVIF anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 21:58:19
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

Hi.

I have 2 tapo Cameras (C500 & C320WS) and the're great.

For more storage i use and Hikvision NVR, and have the cameras conected to it thru ONVIF.

The motion detection always worked, until a few days ago.

Now the C500 gives the alerts as always, but the 320WS doesnt. (Only thru ONVIF. In the Tapo App it still shows the motion notifications)

I've tried everything, including resetting the camera and the NVR, checking for firmware updates, changing the local passwords, and nothing makes it work.

i've found many people complaining on the same issue, and it seems that it has something to do with a new firmware, but i dont know when my C320WS firmware was updated.

On the NVR when i try to change the motion detection setting i always get and error "Setting failed"

I would apreciiate any help with this. At least the last firmware version, when eveything was working.

Apparently its better to keep the updates off, because from one day to the other we lose functions that always worked.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant get motion detection thru ONVIF anymore
2023-09-21 08:26:08

@MarcelOliveira 

Hi,
What's the model number of the Hikvision NVR?

Would you please install the iSpy or VLC Player on your computer for a comparison? Try to watch the Tapo C320WS via the ONVIF stream on the iSpy or VLC Player and then test if you can see motion-detected video clips on the iSpy or VLC Player app.
How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 1

Related Articles