Sunset offset times not saving

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-09 10:45:32
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I cannot get the Tapo App to save timings when I try to set a smart plug to come on and turn off in Away Mode.  The Tapo App is up-to-date and so is all the firmware.  I am trying to get the plug to switch on randomly for an hour, starting an hour after sunset.

I go to Away.

Click on the start time and select Sunset.

Click on the clock to set offset of "1 hour After".  Click Done.

It shows Sunset + 1hr in the Start Time list.

But then when I click on the back arrow, it just shows Sunset without the 1 hr offset.

I then try the same on the end time setting, setting the end time to Sunset + 2hr, which shows correctly.

Again when I click on the back arrow, it just shows Sunset without the 2 hr offset.

I then cannot click Start, because it is unavailable (dimly lit) as I guess it assumes the start and end times are the same and both set to Sunset, instead of Sunset + 1  and Sunset +2

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sunset offset times not saving
2023-09-12 09:29:49

@P40 

The current UI display in your app is working as intended, the offset time won't appear on the Away Mode page but on the Start/End Time page instead. You can double-check your settings by clicking on the Start or End time.

In the upcoming Tapo 3.0 App, we've redesigned this feature to make the chosen offset time clearly visible on the Away Mode page. (As below)

Regarding time configuration, unfortunately, this feature doesn't currently support selecting Sunrise or Sunset as both the Start and End times. That's why you're not able to save  it.

If you'd like to see this feature added for the Tapo plug, please create a new Feature Request post to share your suggestion with us.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 1

Related Articles