tapo control from outside the wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-06 06:48:23
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I am searching for a solution to my problem which is how to redirect the tapo software to access the C200 camera when i am away from home with cellular data.

I have already setup my router and i do have access to the rtsp stream from anywhere with VLC player by using rtsp://my_address/554

Now all it is left to do is to configure the tapo software to access the camera using my ddns address AND NOT MY WIFI CONNECTION, IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Thank you very much for your time.

Chris

Options
1 Reply
Re:tapo control from outside the wifi network
2022-06-30 09:14:23 - last edited 2022-06-30 09:17:17

Hello @hendrixgr 

Sorry for the late reply. 

Glad to know you  could access tapo camera via rtsp in the local network, if you want to view the live stream of the Tapo camera with a third-party app remotely, you will need to open port 554 for the camera on your host router first as notes here

How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

After opening port 554 for tapo camera, you should be able to use the public IP/ WAN IP address of the router to access the camera.

Refer to this thread for more details  to access camera remotely. 

DDNS is to bound the router WAN IP to a domain and access by domain name, DDNS is done on your router settings.

Options