Several Tapo C100s - Always going offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-31 12:47:23
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

I have 4 Tapo C100 cameras around my house and they are constantly going offline.  It is impossible to keep them online for longer than about 30 minutes.  If I reboot the router, they will all come back online then disconnect after a while.  I have a wfi 6 wireless tri-band 3 node mesh (with backhaul) and have tried all possible solutions.  All the cameras are within 15 feet of the wireless nodes. Why do the cameras keep disconnecting?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Several Tapo C100s - Always going offline
2022-04-01 10:07:26

@gitboxer 

If this occurs on all the cameras, this might be related to router settings or wireless environment. Here are some tips that you could give it try :

• For a test, temporarily  turning off mesh for smart home devices only (if mesh has this option) or turn mesh off for a test
  • Check if there is any Advanced WiFi settings on main Router turn off to help isolate the issue: 

-  Band steering(Smart Connect)/ Channel optimization(Wi-Fi Optimizing), those settings may force device on a different band or change channel and may cause some trouble for smart devices, 

• Ensure Tapo camera has good Wi-Fi signal as guide here: 

How to check the network connection stability of a Tapo Camera

• Confirm kasa app and camera firmware are both up to date 
  • When issue happen, connect phone Home Wi-Fi network force close and reopen APP, can you access camera in Local network?  

Can you help confirm some case details here to locate the issue

1. Would the system LED on the camera turn Red or flash/ solid Green when it is offline

2. Camera signal strength /the RSSI on tapo APP

3. Get the log of one camera and share the log file with us   How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

4.  Can I know the model of router  network map in your house.  e,g, ISP XX-- Router P Model XX <WiFi>tapo C210 

5. Mac address of tapo camera, please share by private message

Thank you!

Options
2022-04-11 19:55:11

@gitboxer 

I have the exact same problem. I have the same HW-Version, the same Firmware-Version and the same problem.

Did you already find the problem?

Options
2022-04-18 01:55:20 - last edited 2022-04-18 02:04:27

Hello   @toubii 

I got some information you shared by PM. please try to get the camera log, and share some information like router model, camera led status, the signal strength requested above, those helps to look into the concern further or locate the cause of the issue, thank you. 

Options
2022-04-24 02:56:37

@toubii To better assist with your case,  I created a support email please check your email inbox TKID220422972, you could share the camera log with us on that support email directly.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 889

Replies: 4

Related Articles