App, Rich notification and scenario

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-11 07:44:58
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.13

Hello, support team.

I have 2 Tapo cam C210 now and and free trial plan.

C210 ver 1, software version 1.1.13

Tapo app version 2.4.62

1) I wanted to suggest an option, add custom home screen customization. since you need to press 3 times to enter the camera and view the live video. look at how it's done in dlink, it's also not very good, but this is the first screen when you enter the application, immediately with cameras;

2) I don’t understand how to set up automatic entry into privacy mode on a schedule and back.
it's inconvenient to go into each camera and select this mode (again after 100 clicks), do you plan to solve this?
I see there is a scenario setting, but I can’t select an action with cameras in it - it says that there are no supported devices ..

3) rich notification does not work - a card with a detected person is not sent.
in the settings there is this parameter - human detection and the rich option is enabled.

Options
3 Reply
Re:App, Rich notification and scenario
2022-03-14 08:09:39

Hello  @ilya_1101 

thank you for your ideas for Tapo app improvement.

-  If you have multiple cameras, please check that notification comes from which camera and share the Mac address with us 

For rich notification concern, can I know the model of phone and its Android or IOS version & Tapo APP version & a photo of the issue & a video shared link showing the issue, thank you. 

-Camera Live View is accessible by two taps-> tap to open tapo APP and that's show Device List Dashboard ) -> select camera name to watch Live view/ tap number cameras beneath 'My home' to see all online cameras. 

-currently we have to enable them one by one for each camera, I agree it would be easier if we could enable  Privacy mode for multiple cameras together, we will add your suggestions with privacy mode first for our team evaluation.

-Tapo camera smart action (Shortcut/Automation) feature is currently under developing stage and not released, it is recommend to keep an eye on the future firmware update for tapo camera. 

If any user requires the same feature, please your comment below or share your ideas with in tapo Feature Request Board, more voice from you will help with the feature evaluation. Thank you. 

Options
2022-03-15 08:18:41

Thank you for answer.

Rich notification has been work now.

I have another question
if I have 2 cam: 1 of them at home, other at office
how to separate them ?

again it is not clear how to set the "home" mode for the camera in the office so that it does not react to movements and how to leave the camera at home in the "away from home" mode at this time..?

Options
2022-03-16 13:16:53

Good day  @ilya_1101 

Home/ Away mode by default applies to all cameras bound to one tp-link account, currently this feature is independent of tapo APP> My Homes feature.  

To apply Home/Away mode for certain cameras , you will need to edit cameras in the Home/Away mode , like delete the cameras  from Away mode then add them back into Away mode. 

How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera?

Options