Smart Bulbs Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Bulbs Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Bulbs Question
Smart Bulbs Question
2022-03-08 06:53:34

Hi

I have few TP-Link Tapo smart bulbs and I'm pretty happy with them. The only issue I have is when I turn the bulbs off from the app and then want to turn the lights on from the switch on the wall. I have to turn it off and on, but in between I have to wait 5 seconds so the lights turn on too. Do all the smart bulbs brands do that and if not which brands are "quicker" to disconnect and re-start?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart Bulbs Question
2022-03-10 02:07:47

Hello   @EdwardSMaTeresa 

Led or Incandescent bulb will take some time to get current and light up, usually within 1 -2 secs.

- Can I know how long it takes when turn on bulb by manually by pressing the switch? Please help take a video of that and share a video, thank you. 

- How about the time when turn on through Tapo APP? 

- Does this happen with all the Tapo bulb? 

- How about the non-smart bulb in the same light fixture, does it take long time to light up? 

Options
Re:Smart Bulbs Question
2022-03-23 08:39:58

I’m moving into a new apartment and I’d like to set it up with smart light bulbs. My primary use for the bulbs would be for colour temperature (automated for cool during the day, warm during the night) and dimming.

I don’t love the idea of only controlling the lights on and off with my voice through a voice assistant. I’d rather just turn on the lights using a “dumb” switch. (It’s a rental... I don’t have the ability to change to smart switches.)

My question is how easily will the scheduling between the lights and the dumb switch work? I know that when the switch is off, there’s no power, therefore the lights aren’t able to talk to the system. But if I have, say, a program that says cool lights before sundown, warm lights after sundown, will the lights detect that once they’re turned on at the switch? Or is there a step I would manually have to take in order to get it back on schedule and the temperature I’d like?

This is a long way of asking. Having never had smart lights, I guess I’m thinking in theoreticals, but I’m hoping it all just works the way I’d like it to if I buy.

Thanks for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 754

Replies: 2

Related Articles