How to make my Tapo device (smart plug, smart camera, smart bulb) work with Amazon Alexa

Released On: 2021-06-22 09:17:15Last update time: 2 weeks ago

This guide will show you how to add your Tapo device to Amazon Alexa. Once added, you can use simple voice commands to control the Tapo smart plug and smart bulb, or stream your Tapo camera videos on Amazon Echo Show or Fire TV. 

Before start:
    1. Please update both the Tapo app and Tapo devices to the least one.
    2. Make sure your Tapo device is set up and online.

Option 1.

Go to the Tapo app > Me > Third-Party Services > Amazon Alexa > Tapo Skill and follow the instructions to link your Tapo account with Alexa. 
Then tap the prompted message to go to the Amazon Alexa app. After enabling the Tapo Skill, Alexa will connect to your device automatically and you can control it via Alexa.

Option 2.

Go to the Amazon app > More > Skills & Games >search for Tapo > tap the ENABLE TO USE and follow the instructions to link your Tapo account with Alexa. 
Then Alexa will discover and connect to your device automatically. Follow the app instructions to complete the setup and you can control your Tapo device via Alexa.

For detailed instructions, please refer to this article: How to make my Tapo device work with Amazon Alexa

Matter devices connect to Alexa directly, please refer to this article: How to set up Matter device with Alexa, Google, Apple or SmartThings

Comment
upload
    upload