Factory reset without the reset button

23 hours ago
Model: Tapo C720  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

I changed the Wi-Fi address on my modem and my two C720 Floodlight Cameras went off line.  I clicked the Tapo “Details” on my mobile and there is a procedure if you changed the Wi-Fi SSID, you  can get the camera up and running.  The LEDs would not blink red and green and only show red.  These camera are mounted high and it was late at night, dark and inconvenient to get a ladder to climb and  press the reset button.  I switched the camera off at the mains (thinking this will reset the camera) waited a while, switch it back on but the LED is still red.  I then uninstalled the camera in the app and tried to re-install it hoping the LEDs would blink red and green.  Still red.

I have searched throughout the threads in this community and could not find any answers to this.  Is there a way to reset these cameras without the reset button please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Factory reset without the reset button
19 hours ago
I'm having exactly the same problem. I hope there is a solution.
Options
Re:Factory reset without the reset button
7 hours ago

@mscgunaydin 

Hitting the Gear Icon, there is a "Reboot Camera" down the bottom in Camera Settings.  This is a catch-22 situation, because with the camera off-line, you cannot get to it.

In details it states: If you've changed your home Wi-Fi network name (SSID) or password, please reconnect your smart device to Wi-Fi.  The last sentence is an underlined link in blue to do this.

From what I have read so far, you need and put back your old SSID or password in your modem or router. The camera in the app should then come back online.  From there, you can proceed with the reboot camera.  I will see what happens.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 32

Replies: 2

Related Articles