Hub controlled switches slow to respond

Yesterday

I have lots of Tapo switches, plugs, bulbs and sensors, recently some light switches and Motion sensors have become very slow to respond to the Tapo app on my iPad, but still react well to voice commands via Alexa 

Everything in my setup has latest software installed.

Everything has a good Wi-Fi connection (green bars in app on everything and an excellent rssi signal)

All apps removed and reinstalled.

Router rebooted dozens of times, all Wi-Fi settings checked and are optimal, tried other channels.

I reset my Tapo hub and reinstalled all my switches and sensors, problem remains.

Added  a second Tapo hub and split all my stuff, hub 1 has 20 connected devices, hub 2 has 13 connected devices, problem remains.

So, when thing go slow which is only a few hours after rebooting everything, the hubs will not ring from the Tapo app, and the only way to get my switches to respond quickly again, AND get the Tapo hubs to ring again is to power cycle the Tapo hubs.

Any suggestions welcome 

regards,

John

Options
3 Reply
Re:Hub controlled switches slow to respond
8 hours ago

@Johndm 

Which Tapo hub do you have? H100 or H200? It seems like the problem occurs on both device control and automation, correct? How about shortcut?

What is the approximate delay time for device control or automating? Is there a delay issue with device control when the iPad connects to the local WiFi?

Based on the description in the last paragraph, it seems that you need to restart the hub to regain control of the manual ringing, which may indicate an unstable cloud connection. In this case, suggestions in Case 2 of this FAQ might be helpful. Cannot use the Tapo/Kasa app to control my smart devices

Related Article

What can I do if the Smart Action/Automation doesn’t take effect as expected?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
8 hours ago - last edited 8 hours ago

@Wayne-TP 

both my hubs are H100

Problem occurs when controlling with the Tapo app on my iPad, voice commands via Alexa work fine 
delay anywhere between 2 and 7 seconds 

both hubs Have an excellent Wi-Fi connection to my tp link router, -45 and -47 rssi

my internet download  speed is a solid 945 Mbps, upload speed 110 Mbps 

My hubs are on 1.5.16 and say up to date when I check for an update here in the UK?

Options
6 hours ago

@Johndm 

ive also just changed my dns servers to 1.1.1.1 for primary and 8.8.8.8 secondary to see if that helps

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 43

Replies: 3

Related Articles