H100 not reconnecting after network failure

a week ago
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.17

I have 5 H100 hubs, they recently updated to 1.5.17 but now whenever the internet or network goes down, the hubs go down and have to be manually restarted (switch them off, wait 10 and switch on) for them to reconnect to the network. It's so bad I have put P110 smart plugs on some so that I can do it remotely (the smart plugs reconnect just fine)

2 different internet providers, 3 different networks, all hubs have the same problem.

is it just me?

Options
6 Reply
Re:H100 not reconnecting after network failure
a week ago

@Charliepsycho 

The latest firmware 1.5.20 has made some optimizations to the performance of the device as well as fixing some known issues. Please upgrade device to this latest version first and observe if the problem still exists.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

how can I force an update? My hubs are on 1.5.16 and say up to date when I check for an update here in the UK?

Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Hi Wayne,

My devices are all on auto update and all say they are on the latest version (1.5.17) there is no option to update it further. Has 1.5.20 been officially released or do you need some mac addresses to do a push?

Many thanks...

...(c)

Options
a week ago

@Johndm  The new firmware may not fully released yet, so it is normal that some devices cannot detect this version.

@Charliepsycho Regarding this issue, I found that a representative had already followed up on your case via email. This situation seems to be a continuation of the previous issue (schedule issue on the Tapo S210/S220). I recommend that you reply to the representative via email for further follow-up.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Yes, I had an email from Tp-link support, saying they were to busy to get back to me and I should use webchat if it was urgent, which dropped me in to an endless AI faq loop.

I understand there are engineers working on it, but I currently seem to be on a dead end firmware release that randomly bricks h100 hubs with no way to roll-back and no idea when the next version will be inflicted on me as an unwitting test subject. I don't mind testing stuff, but it has to be structured and possible to be reversed.

I currently have 5 sites, across 2 countries, all of which have various hub related failures that require physical visits to reset the hub, all of which worked more reliably before the last firmware update.

If I had somehow miss configured or broken the kit, I would understand, but this is kit that has been 'broken' by a firmware update and there appears to be nothing I can do about it!

As you can imagine I am beginning to get a little frustrated...

Options
Thursday

@Wayne-TP 

Are we any closer to an update on the H100 firmware?

To reiterate, the only email I have had from support is that they are too busy to help me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 126

Replies: 6

Related Articles