Votes

Add "come online" device status change as trigger

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo L535E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I'd like to turn my smart bulb on/off with the wall switch and have it turn on at 10% intensity when I switch it on between 22:00 and 6:00.

The timer function will not work for this because the lamp is likely offline when the event is triggered.

I could, however, achieve the desired effect if there was a "come online" device status change that could be used as a trigger in an automation. This would involve setting the "effective time" for the automation, off course.

Please note that a similar feature had been requested already https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/600482

Options
2 Reply
Re:Add "come online" device status change as trigger
a week ago

@Rokp 

Automation is mainly a cloud feature and requires the smart device to be online all the time to achieve smart control. When the smart bulb is turned off by the light switch, the smart bulb loses power as well as the network connection, it cannot achieve any smart feature in this state.

However, you can achieve this by using a Tapo smart button, the S200B or S200D. The smart button can replace the role of a light switch and can be used to control the light bulb switch without cutting off the power supply to the light bulb.

So basically you will need to create an automation, use the smart button to control the light bulb to turn on at a specific color and brightness during the set effect time. E.g. When single tap the Tapo S200B button, turn on Tapo smart bulb to warm white at 10% brightness. Automation effective time: 22:00 - 06:00 (next day).

Click to learn more about Tapo Smart Action: How to create Smart Action (Automation or Shortcut) on Tapo app

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Add "come online" device status change as trigger
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the reply!

I don't want to use a smart switch that looks different from the other wall switches. I'd also prefer to really switch off the lights rather than keeping them in stand by.

Smart bulbs have a default state that can be set but is currently static. Could the default state be allowed to be time-dependent? That would be another way of implementing circadian lighting compatible with a wall switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 82

Replies: 2

Voters 1