Tapo APP not updating "privacy mode status"

Friday
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.21

Hi

have an issue with the Tapo APP (Ver: 3.7.113) not updating the "privacy mode status" with the C425 (HW 1.2, SW 1.2.21) when running a shortcut to either enable or disable privacy mode.

Example: run shortcut to enable privacy mode, the APP still shows the camera as being ON (privacy disabled). However, if you click on the camera it says that privacy mode is on and then it updates the APP icon status. And vice versa.

Only happening with my C425, not the other cameras.

Some times, the APP will eventually update the icon status to the correct one after some time.

Paul

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo APP not updating "privacy mode status"
11 hours ago

@paulpjred1 

Does the camera privacy mode status get updated when you reload the app manually? 

The device status in the app may not always update promptly due to various factors, such as network issues or app caching. This is quite normal. You can try manually refreshing the app's homepage or completely closing the app and reopening it to see the latest status.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo APP not updating "privacy mode status"
10 hours ago

@paulpjred1 Hi, I tried closing the App, removing it from recent screen, clearing App cache and reloading, but it still didn't update the privacy icon.

If you click on the camera, then bo back to app screen, then it updates. only doing it for the C425's, I have heaps of other Tapo cameras and they seem to update straight away.

Paul

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 38

Replies: 2

Related Articles