Tapo C520WS only records just for two seconds

Thursday - last edited Thursday
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.7.110

Hello. I have made the house smart by buying almost all Tapo products, two of which are the C520WS outdoor camera. I am recording to the cloud, but today, the cameras started to record only 2 seconds when they detect motion. I'm even watching the person moving live and the camera is watching as well but the camera cuts out the recording after detecting motion just after 2 seconds later. When I look at the recording later, it only records for 2 seconds and this person is not even visible in the recording. 

How can I set this to record continuously or at least until the moving object disappears? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C520WS only records just for two seconds
Friday - last edited Friday

@TimucinPusat 

Hi,
Usually, the detection video clips won't record for only 2 seconds. In your situation, please confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. Ensure your router is working fine and it provides a normal and stable internet connection.

2. You can try to factory reset a camera, reconfigure it, and check if it helps.

3. If the problem remains:  

1) Go to the camera's Device Settings > Detection page, send us pictures of the enabled detection types and activity zones, and check if the event happens within the activity zones but is not recorded.

2) Reproduce the issue, record the whole motion manually on the camera's Live View page, then download the corresponding cloud video clip from the Tapo app, and send us the video recordings.

Note: The cloud server does not support storing continuous recordings, it supports storing detection video clips only.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo C520WS only records just for two seconds
23 hours ago

@Solla-topee I deleted all the videos stored in the cloud. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it started recording longer than 2 seconds again. But the problem is that when it detects motion, it still sometimes only records 1 second. sometimes it is very short, a few seconds, and it is not clear who is coming or going and what they are doing. Is this something to do with the internet connection? By the way, I can do what you said next week. I am busy for a few days. Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 50

Replies: 2

Related Articles