manual firmware update

manual firmware update

manual firmware update
manual firmware update
a week ago
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Asking again for this feature request. When we do manual update that the Tapo App does the firmware upgrade. I understand that auto update will do update based on rotation of your services but when customer request manual update, the camera should update.

Example, i have four (4) C520WS of which 3 have newer firmware and one (1) has older, so if i do Manual Update on the old firmware i get a message that the camera has latest update when it's not the case. Why would there be a Manual Update feature when in fact it does nothing.

Please implement a true manual update check and upgrade accordingly.

Options
5 Reply
Re:manual firmware update
a week ago

@Zigaroo 

There are plans for each firmware release. Generally, new firmware will not sent to all devices at once, the release scale will be increased gradually to cover all devices. If some devices of the same model and hardware version have not received the new firmware update, please be patient and wait for the rollout.

If you notice any unusual behavior with your device, please start a discussion about the issue directly.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP  i totally understand your roll out mechanism (it was also explained before). Here I'm asking a Feature Request for the "manual update" to work otherwise it serves no purposes. If a user does a manual check, the system should be able to poke your cloud service and pull the latest firmware. Right now it always says that I have the latest...... so why bother trying manual update. As a User Experience, it does not make sense.

Options
a week ago

Options
a week ago

@Zigaroo 

Firmware staged rollout means that the cloud will initially provide new version information only to a select group of devices, while those not included in the rollout will not detect this version. This is unrelated to whether you manually check for updates.

If a device has auto-update enabled and is within the rollout range, it will automatically detect and update to the new firmware from the cloud. For devices without auto-update, a notification for the new firmware (indicated by a small red dot) will still appear when it is released. Some devices may not receive the new version information due to network issues. In such cases, user can manually check for updates.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP  i do get the whole point about how your auto update work, my point is about manual update. In all software I've used (even Windows10/11 is like this), when you do a manual check it will get get you latest software. What TP-Link needs to check is that if user does a manual update the service overrides your selective roll out and apply the update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 103

Replies: 5

Related Articles