I want doorbell to record but not notify everything

3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Hi, 

I want my doorbell to record all of the detections I set but only notify my phone when the doorbell is pressed. I can't find this setting?

Currently I get lots of unnecessary notifications when people walk by etc or I have to turn off notifications and I get none even when doorbell is pressed. 

Am I missing something? 

TIA

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I want doorbell to record but not notify everything -Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

Tase69 wrote

@Wayne-TP 

Yes, that is the setting I currently use but the camera only records when doorbell is pressed. 

I want the camera to record all events but only notify me when doorbell is pressed. 

@Tase69 

In this case, change the wakeup settings to "Event Detected", and then untick all the activity types in the notification settings. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:I want doorbell to record but not notify everything
3 weeks ago

@Tase69 

There are two wake-up methods for the D230 doorbell, detection or doorbell pressed. You can change the wake-up type to Doorbell Pressed (Camera Settings -> Detection -> Wake-up Settings.) in the app, and the doorbell will only send a notification when the doorbell is pressed.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Yes, that is the setting I currently use but the camera only records when doorbell is pressed. 

I want the camera to record all events but only notify me when doorbell is pressed. 

Options
Re:I want doorbell to record but not notify everything -Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

Tase69 wrote

@Wayne-TP 

@Tase69 

In this case, change the wakeup settings to "Event Detected", and then untick all the activity types in the notification settings. 

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Yes, that's exactly how I want it. 

Thanks @Wayne-TP 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 128

Replies: 4

Related Articles