Network has become unstable

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi, I have a network of smart plugs,  P110, and anodd P100. I have a set of automations that have been working fine. A few days ago I connected a C320WS canera to my network. When I get an alert I go to look at the footage and invariably get a network unstable message. I can then see the footage after a few minutes. Howwver, the automations are now playing up, with multiple device failures. I plan to temporarily disconnect the camera to see if the automations recover, but I will still have the network unstable error.   

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Network has become unstable-Solution

@Solla-topee  I have a Sky router, I'm not sure of the model. I use a Deco P9 twin hub mesh to carry my wifi. The Sky wifi is switched off. I can have up to 30 clients, although 20 is more typical. Mostly they are TP-Link smart devices. Everything appears to be working fine, I can switch them on and off individually through the app or using the button on the plugs.

I did a system reboot on the sky hub and wifi mesh yesterday morning. The automations have run ok since then and I haven't noticed any more network unstable messages, so perhaps that was all that was needed? I will keep an eye on how things go.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Network has become unstable
2 weeks ago

@Derek_M16 

Hi,
Usually, the camera won't affect the automation entries take effect. For the reported issue, please confirm the following information for analysis.

1. What's the model number of your router? How many devices are connected to it and do they work fine?

2. On the Tapo app > camera/plug's Device Settings > Device Info page, please tap the Wi-Fi icon to see its RSSI value. If any smart device's signal strength is weak, you can refer to the instructions below to improve it.
How to check and improve the network connection stability of Tapo smart devices

3. If there are multiple device failures when the automation entries take effect, are these devices shown offline on the Tapo app? Can you control them separately via the Tapo app locally and remotely?

4. It would be appreciated if you could send us a video showing the reported issue.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Network has become unstable-Solution

@Solla-topee  I have a Sky router, I'm not sure of the model. I use a Deco P9 twin hub mesh to carry my wifi. The Sky wifi is switched off. I can have up to 30 clients, although 20 is more typical. Mostly they are TP-Link smart devices. Everything appears to be working fine, I can switch them on and off individually through the app or using the button on the plugs.

I did a system reboot on the sky hub and wifi mesh yesterday morning. The automations have run ok since then and I haven't noticed any more network unstable messages, so perhaps that was all that was needed? I will keep an eye on how things go.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Network has become unstable
a week ago

@Derek_M16 

Hi,

Thank you for your attempts and sharing of experience~

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 97