panorama mode broken ! with 1.2.8 firmware

2024-09-06 12:10:44
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 build 240606 Rel 39146n

Hello TP-Link Community!

I bought the C520WS security camera on Wednesday from Amazon, installed it on Thursday, and was really happy with it!

But today (Friday), when I tried to take a panorama, this is what happened:

panorama NOT OK

The latest firmware update that occurred overnight has broken the panorama feature!

update screenshot

For comparison, here's what the panorama mode looked like on the previous firmware (just 20 hours earlier).

As you can see, it was working flawlessly!

panorama OK

I specifically chose the C520WS (over the more affordable C510W) just for this fantastic feature alone!

But now, it’s unusable...

I’ve tried everything I can think of: rebooting, resetting, and even redoing the panoramic path within the Tapo app.

Nothing seems to restore the panorama mode to how it was before the overnight update.

At this point, I see two possible solutions:

1. Allow me to roll back to the previous firmware since it was working perfectly!

2. Or please, please work on a fix for the panorama mode—there must be other users experiencing this issue!

If anyone knows how to get the panorama mode functioning again, I’m all ears!

Thanks!

P.S.: There’s a third option—returning it to Amazon, ordering it one more time and turning off the "auto-update" to fully enjoy my new purchase.

Options
1 Reply
Re:panorama mode broken ! with 1.2.8 firmware
3 weeks ago

@Auguste 

What's the version of your Tapo App? Check what happens when creating a 360° and 270° panoramic path. 

Does the camera rotate properly when you drag the image? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 116

Replies: 1

Related Articles