2/4 devices "can only be controlled locally"

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My two out of 4 tapo devices "can only be controlled locally". This issue continues to occur after numerous resets/reboots. Work has advised me to not change my routers DNS as I do privacy sensitive work from home. 

What is the reason for this selective issue? And is there any other way to fix this? I can't add these cameras to my care membership either, so there's no way to see what's going on when I'm not at home. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:2/4 devices "can only be controlled locally"-Solution

@Isaverandom 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot the reported issue.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Generally, if your camera is connected to the Wi-Fi network but shows local only, it may be the camera disconnected to the internet or our cloud server. Below are some more tips on the reported issue.
1. Ensure all your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If other Tapo devices that can be controlled remotely connect to another Wi-Fi network, you can switch the camera's connection(reset and reconfigure it to connect to the new Wi-Fi network) for a try.

2. Connect the camera to another Wi-Fi network if there is one.

If your case is solved, it would be appreciated if you could share your experience.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:2/4 devices "can only be controlled locally"-Solution

@Isaverandom 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot the reported issue.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Generally, if your camera is connected to the Wi-Fi network but shows local only, it may be the camera disconnected to the internet or our cloud server. Below are some more tips on the reported issue.
1. Ensure all your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If other Tapo devices that can be controlled remotely connect to another Wi-Fi network, you can switch the camera's connection(reset and reconfigure it to connect to the new Wi-Fi network) for a try.

2. Connect the camera to another Wi-Fi network if there is one.

If your case is solved, it would be appreciated if you could share your experience.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options