L535B Changes to Blue at Random when adjusting brightness or temperature
L535B Changes to Blue at Random when adjusting brightness or temperature
2024-08-26 07:55:22
Model: Tapo L535B  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest as of 2024-08-26

I recently purchase 6 L535s.

I have them in two groups.

When adjusting the temperature or brightness of one group, one of the bulbs in that group sometimes changes to blue.

Options
5 Reply
Re:L535B Changes to Blue at Random when adjusting brightness or temperature
2024-08-28 01:40:34

@123456781 

May I ask if this problem occurs with a specific bulb? Try to factory reset this light bulb and reconfigure it. How to reset the Tapo smart bulb

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-08-28 03:59:37 - last edited 2024-08-28 05:30:35

@Wayne-TP 

It is one, specific bulb. I performed the hard-reset, re-added it to my app and put it in a group.

I tried turning it off and on, adjusting temperature and brightness via the app.. seems OK.

Then, I turned the lights off via the S200B button and now I've got the same light, blue, again. Turn off via the button, then back on... it's ok. I turn down the brightness via the button and the light eventually switches into blue. Turn off and on... now the light is normal again.

When the light refuses to be any color but blue, the way I seem to be able to reliably reset it is to set the color to the lowest temperature and 100% brightness. Then, the bulb behaves, mostly, until I start changing the brightness or temperature again.

It's just the one bulb, now, but I did see this behavior in another bulb, but only 3 or 4 times. Now that other bulb behaves normally.

Options
2024-08-29 06:22:11

@123456781 

Do you mean the problem occurs only when controlling with the smart button? Please double-check the automation settings. 

Can you share some screenshots of your automation setup here?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-08-30 02:46:56 - last edited 2024-08-30 04:05:36

@Wayne-TP 

Wayne-TP wrote

@123456781 

Do you mean the problem occurs only when controlling with the smart button? Please double-check the automation settings. 

Can you share some screenshots of your automation setup here?

No. Not only with the button. Also with the Tapo app, but it seems to happen more with the button.

I tried attaching files to this post, but it's really annoying/difficult to do so. There are only two actions related to the button:

Single Click - turn lights on/off

Rotate - smart action, rotate anticlockwise, "Brightness -"

Neither of these set the color or temperature.

Options
3 weeks ago

@123456781 

Please share some videos of the problem here or PM me via a link, like YouTube or cloud drive. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 150

Replies: 5

Related Articles