Higher Bitrate Encoding
Higher Bitrate Encoding
2024-08-24 11:44:16
Tags: #bitrate
Model: Tapo C320WS   Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

Dear TP-Link Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to provide feedback and suggest a feature enhancement for your Tapo C320WS and C310 cameras, which I currently use. I appreciate the reliable performance of these cameras, but I believe that a firmware update could significantly improve the user experience.

These cameras are marketed as offering high-resolution video, up to 2K QHD. However, I have observed that the actual video quality is not sharp at all due to the current encoding bitrate. Specifically, any movement in the frame often leads to noticeable blurring and artifacting, which reduces the clarity of the footage. For instance, reading a car license plate becomes almost impossible unless the vehicle is stationary and within 3-5 meters of the camera. This limitation restricts the cameras' utility, especially for security purposes where clear and detailed visuals are essential.

I have ensured that all my cameras are running the latest firmware and are equipped with high-quality SD cards. The video quality settings are also set to the highest available on the camera. Despite these measures, the visual fidelity does not match the resolution capabilities advertised.

I kindly request that your development team consider a firmware update that would introduce better encoding options, including support for a higher bitrate. This improvement would allow the cameras to fully leverage their hardware capabilities, providing clearer, more detailed video and enhancing the overall user experience. If there are any beta programs or opportunities to test pre-release software with improved bitrate settings, I would love to be considered for participation.

Thank you for considering this feature request. I believe this enhancement would greatly benefit many users and further solidify TP-Link's reputation for quality and reliability in the security camera market. I look forward to your response.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Higher Bitrate Encoding
2024-08-25 02:59:27

@DMe11  

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 97

Replies: 1

Voters 2

Tags