Tapo C225 freezing

Tapo C225 freezing

17 Reply
Re:Tapo C225 freezing
Thursday

@Illyrian Hello, I have an open case with tech support. I'm currently on the newer firmware that they release to try to fix this. Is it fix? Hard to tell since the issue is not something I can just reproduce, I have to wait and see if it freeze again.

Options
Friday

@Nodiaque 

Hi,

based on your answer, sounds like your problem is resolved by the new update you got! Hopefully and I'm really glad for you, if so!

Did you get the update on your camera or app? Mine freezes immediately after a minute of restarting it as well as reebooting it. 

My camera has the firmware version 1.0.7 Build 231108 Rel.82981n and the app has 3.7.104. These are the latest updates of my region. So I'm wondering if the issue is on the camera firmware since based on your answer and what I have read online this seems like the commonnality in this issue...

Options
Friday

@Illyrian are you with the same camera? Cause my firmware is 1.0.30

Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@Nodiaque 

Yeah, literally the same camera Tapo C225 V2.

I'm from Finland, so I'm wondering if my region just hasn't gotten any updates or if my camera is completely faulty... 

Options
Friday
Ah mine is a v1.0 though
Options
Friday - last edited Saturday

@Solla-topee 

1. Camera connects and works properly for about 1 minute. Then disconnects from the live feed in the app but still stays connected to the network/router.

2. I had to change my routers IP for the camera to connect (changed the .1. into a .0. in the middle. The router only has the 2.4 wifi active. Tried all of the network channels without any result. I configured a static connection for the IP of my C225 V2 camera in my router. Have tried 2 completely different types of routers with the same troubleshooting. The camera works perfectly fine with a phone hotspot connection. I believe the issue arises with routers, because the camera keeps switching it's IP and the router (even with static connection having the MAC info) doesn't find the cameras new IP.

(Never had to do any of these with my older C200 camera that has been in use for 2 years now. It has worked perfectly without any issues ever and works great even with the mesh connection of my router. Even after switching my routers IP, it just connected automatically without any issues and does it's job as it should for a long time now with any router. The C200 camera even has the setting option of static IP address, which I have never had the need to use but would be a great addition for the C225 V2 if my speculation is correct.)

My C225 has the following firmware: 1.0.7 Build 231108 Rel.82981n

3. The C225 V2 camera starts blinking red when it goes offline on the app after just being online for a minute after starting it. Even whilst blinking red, it still stays connected to the router, network and has internet access/traffic as well as the camera tracks motion. It just goes offline on the app.

I just made an inquiry and have shown my model as well as other info in: TKID240962769

Options
13 hours ago

@Illyrian 

Hi,
If you have contacted our tech support via email, it's recommended to follow up on this case with the tech team, and you can send the forum link to the tech team so they can know more about your situation.
Best Regards

Options
Related Articles