KP405 no longer turning off LED bulbs completely

2024-08-11 16:03:50 - last edited 2024-08-19 09:26:33
Model: KP405  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hello,

We've been using the KP405 dimmer to control our gazebo LED bulbs for the past month and it has been working very well.

But, we've noticed yesterday that the bulbs are now remaining slightly lit when we turn off the dimmer. That was not happening before.

Did some checkup in both Google Home and Kasa apps and everything seems to be in order. Tested some settings in the Dimming Calibration section, but no luck.

I might have overlooked something, but I would appreciate any info on how to correct the situation.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:KP405 no longer turning off LED bulbs completely-Solution
2024-08-19 09:26:26 - last edited 2024-08-19 09:26:33

@SChico 

Powergrid instabilities are indeed a very likely cause of this issue. You may monitor it for a while, get back here if anything changes.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:KP405 no longer turning off LED bulbs completely
2024-08-14 03:38:38

@SChico 

Did you turn off the smart plug with Kasa App or the physical button? Does it make any difference when using the power button?

What does the light bulb look like when the smart plug is off? Please some pictures here, as well as the pictures of the location where the KP405 is placed.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:KP405 no longer turning off LED bulbs completely
2024-08-18 09:46:12

@Wayne-TP 

Well, I did try to turn ON/OFF the smart plug using the Kasa app, Google Home App and also the physical button. No difference was observed at the time.

The reason I'm replying so late is that everything has been working correctly for the past few days. The LED lights are now turning completely off.

I've double checked everything to make sure it was not a manipulation error on my part. Also, it doesn't seem that a firmware update was pushed to the smart plug either.

So, I would venture a guess that it could have been related to powergrid instabilities in my area that were brought to my attention some time after I created this post.

Best regards,

Options
Re:KP405 no longer turning off LED bulbs completely-Solution
2024-08-19 09:26:26 - last edited 2024-08-19 09:26:33

@SChico 

Powergrid instabilities are indeed a very likely cause of this issue. You may monitor it for a while, get back here if anything changes.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 3

Related Articles