Camera gets stuck when patrol mode is active and auto reboot is enabled
Camera gets stuck when patrol mode is active and auto reboot is enabled
2024-07-01 17:26:33 - last edited 2024-07-02 06:59:43
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.7 Build 240306 Rel.68340n

I enabled Patrol Mode, 3 positions, 2 minutes at each position

I enabled auto reboot 03:00-03:30

Often, but not every time when the camera reboots, the camera moves into "shut down" position, opens itself again And stops - it doesn't follow patrol mode anymore until I manually disable and enable it again.

This makes the patrol and auto reboot feature useless

Please fix

Options
8 Reply
Re:Camera gets stuck when patrol mode is active and auto reboot is enabled
2024-07-01 17:32:18
1 Caption

@Calax Attached you can see behavior right before and right after reboot at night

Before 3am it patrols, after 3am it always points at a position THAT'S NOT in patrol mode and doesn't patrol anymore

Options
2024-07-01 17:32:32

@Calax 

Options
2024-07-02 10:21:12

@Calax 

Hi,
Usually, rebooting the camera won't make the patrol mode not work.

You can try:
1. Go to the camera's Device Settings>Reboot Camera page, tap "Reboot Camera" to reboot the camera, and wait for it to recover the connection, then check if the patrol mode is still working.

2. On the Auto Reboot page, change the Reboot Time to a time that is convenient for you. After 30 minutes, the camera will complete the restart. Then you can go to the camera's live view page to check if the patrol mode is working properly. 
If not, please help record a 3-minute video on the camera's Live View page and send it to me.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-02 10:28:23

@Solla-topee I think you dont understand - I said that the Patrol Mode gets stuck after the auto reboot.

The following happens when Patrol Mode is ON and AutoReboot is set to 03:00-03:30:

02:59: Camera works just fine and patrols through the 3 determined positions

03:00: Camera starts to reboot. Camera moves into "shut down" position, aka lense points to the base of the camers (like when you enable privacy mode)

03:15: After reboot is done, camera opens back up into default position - Center position, center tilt, center pan

From now on, camera is "stuck" in this position even though Patrol Mode is enabled. 

Now when I DISABLE Patrol Mode and RIGHT AWAY ENABLE Patrol Mode again, camera starts to patrol as normal again.

I dont see why I should send you a video as you can see everything you can see in the images. In the first image after 03:00 I posted you can see the camera opening after reboot. In the next images you can see the stuck positions.

In the images BEFORE 03:00 you can see all 3 determined patrol mode positions - None of those is the position the camera is "stuck" in after auto reboot.

Options
2024-07-02 11:06:51

@Calax 

Hi,
I have tested with a Tapo C520WS through the steps I mentioned in the previous thread. Regardless of whether I reboot the camera manually through the Tapo app or using the Auto Reboot feature, the camera's patrol mode still works after the reboot. I'd appreciate it if you could conduct the same test at your convenience and let me know the results.
The video is provided for further analysis of the problem, but feel free to disregard it if you prefer.
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-02 11:15:22
Hi! I have tried to reproduce it manually too but it happens sporadically. I think it is some kind of race condition - It happened 3-4 times within the last 3-4 weeks and I only noticed because the camera was stuck in one position the entire day when I checked the recordings :)
Options
2024-07-02 11:15:46
Is there any way I can get logs from the camera to send them to you?
Options
2024-07-05 03:17:34

@Calax 

Hi,
Can you send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of your Tapo C520WS via a private message? I'll push a firmware to it and check if it helps.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 8

Related Articles