Multiple device admins?

Multiple device admins?

Multiple device admins?
Multiple device admins?
2024-06-30 13:49:19 - last edited 2024-07-05 02:46:44
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've recently installed a Tapo DS230 doorbell and window/doors sensors around the house. I've shared the devices with my wife, however the sharing process offers no option to assign admin rights and I can see no option anywhere that allows that. Is it possible to have multiple admins of a single device, and if so then how?  Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multiple device admins?-Solution
2024-07-02 08:13:25 - last edited 2024-07-05 02:46:43

@RobbyB 

The guest account has limited access to the shared device. 

If you want to give full access to your family, log in to the same TP-Link account on different mobile devices. 

Please note:
1. Please only share your account information with trusted people.
2. Turn on Tapo two-step verification for account security. Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple device admins?-Solution
2024-07-02 08:13:25 - last edited 2024-07-05 02:46:43

@RobbyB 

The guest account has limited access to the shared device. 

If you want to give full access to your family, log in to the same TP-Link account on different mobile devices. 

Please note:
1. Please only share your account information with trusted people.
2. Turn on Tapo two-step verification for account security. Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 1

Related Articles