Votes

Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3

Votes

Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3

24 Reply
Re:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3
2024-07-29 03:11:25 - last edited 2024-08-13 07:59:42
Just to self-answer myself, the matter specifications have two new clusters for energy, 0x0090 and 0x0091. Neither are exposed after updating to Firmware 1.2.3, so I guess we will just have to wait :(
Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP is there any update? the product description for the P110M at the moment is borderline misleading, it advertises itself as both an energy monitor and matter compatible..

Options
RE:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3
3 weeks ago
Eager to use energy monitoring with Matter
Options
3 weeks ago

Voting for the feature, SmartThings is already beta testing the new firmware with Matter 1.3 support and the github branch for Matter 1.3 drivers already supports the new energy clusters.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

This needs to happen; it's in the matter standard, and other manufacturers have this. I have bought a lot of TP-link products and love them. Let's update the software to align with your competitors so I don't have to buy their stuff.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Cammm Following this thread. Holding off buying any of the P110M units until Matter 1.3 supported firmware to allow power monitoring in Home Assistant. Honestly the only reason I would buy them. Any updates from TP-Link on when this firmware will be updated?

Options
3 weeks ago

@mgguinne To be fair there are no Matter 1.3 smart plugs in the market right now. The Eve Energy is certified but does not have the firmware update yet, people who can see the energy consumption of the Eve in HA or SmartThings is because they use a non-standard attribute and those two platforms included Eve-specific code to read it (not the way to go to avoid fragmentation but the standard was lacking that feature until 1.3 and they're migrating to use the standard now).

In the short term it's going to be a feature that will greatly impact purchase decisions because it allows not just to watch the consumption but run automations, it's much more powerful. I'm sure TP-Link will eventually include it, the question is how long it will take.

Options
3 weeks ago
Looking forward to this feature. If this is implemented, I might buy more of these devices. It really relies on the energy monitoring through matter
Options
3 weeks ago

@Cammm 

I would like to buy more plugs. Is there a specific timeframe for when that will be available?  A response like "stay tuned!" doesn't really satisfy me. 

Options
a week ago

Also here making a decision for buying a smart plug. Having one TAPO 110M, but will not be buying more until there is a resolution from TP-LINK to enable energy monitoring via Matter.

Options

Voters 13

+ 9 Voters