Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST] - Skip forward/backwards by 10 seconds.

Votes

2024-05-12 16:56:20 - last edited 2024-05-12 16:58:36
Tags: #Video Playback
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Almost every video player out there has a skip feature where you can easily skip forwards/backwards by 10 seconds.

Check any YouTube video for example. While watching a YouTube video, double-tap the right side of the video to skip ahead 10 seconds. Double-tap the left side of the video to skip back 10 seconds. You can even triple/quadruple tap for 20+ second skips.

This feature is essential for reviewing security footage with the Tapo app. Even just a button that we can click to skip ahead/back 10 seconds would be good enough.

Sometimes I need to easily rewatch a specific moment over and over. I know there is a slider at the bottom to navigate through the video, but this slider is impossible to use when you just need to go back 10 seconds to rewatch something. Go try for yourself to use that slider to go 10 seconds backwards over and over to rewatch a certain part multiple times and see how you'll begin to go insane.

Options
4 Reply
RE:[FEATURE REQUEST] - Skip forward/backwards by 10 seconds.
2024-05-12 16:57:51
This feature is essential!
Options
Re:[FEATURE REQUEST] - Skip forward/backwards by 10 seconds.
2024-05-13 09:03:07

@Kezzi 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
2024-06-02 08:31:19
Je suis d'accord pour l ensemble des camera
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

I've meant to request this feature for a while, I think it's one many glaring oversights of the Tapo app. Say I want to rewind by 10 seconds to "watch that bit again". At the moment one has to first zoom in on the timeline, being extra careful not to swipe left/right using ones sausage fingers, so as to not move away from the current playback time. Then, once fully zoomed in, one must swipe the timeline by 0.00001 µm to the right. If you go over just a tiny little bit you will rewind by 2 hours. Eventually you just wait for playback to catch up because it's quicker to just wait than to manually locate the one bit your wnat to see. This is by far and away the camera viewer's biggest UX issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 319

Replies: 4

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters

Tags

Video Playback