Votes

Alexa notifications of motion detected at doorbell

2024-01-23 09:28:58 - last edited 2024-02-01 06:50:01
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

Would it be possible to added the motion detected feature to the (I'm assuming) Alexa skill. So that Alexa notifies of movement at the door bell and not just when the bell is pressed. I find that people seem to ignore the button or just drop off deliveries and run (Amazon) I previously had a blink unit and it had this feature.

Thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Alexa notifications of motion detected at doorbell -Solution
2024-01-24 07:33:54 - last edited 2024-02-01 06:50:01

@Nivlek_76 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to use the Alexa Announcement feature and check if it will help in this case.
How to use the Alexa Announcement feature of the Tapo Camera?
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-23 09:49:40 - last edited 2024-02-27 06:36:52

@David_Sleight @Nivlek_76   

Hi,

Currently, the doorbell camera Tapo D230 supports Person Detected announcements and Doorbell Press announcements. If one or all announcement options disappear on the Alexa app, it's recommended to pay attention to the thread below to see the solution.
Alexa Announcement and Alexa Routine Are Unavailable on the Alexa App for the Tapo Cameras

About the inquiry to support the motion announcement feature on the doorbell camera, I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
2024-01-24 07:33:54 - last edited 2024-02-01 06:50:01

@Nivlek_76 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to use the Alexa Announcement feature and check if it will help in this case.
How to use the Alexa Announcement feature of the Tapo Camera?
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Alexa notifications of motion detected at doorbell
2024-01-24 12:48:15

@Solla-topee 

Hi, 

I have checked out the link that you suggested and as you say for cameras this works fine, the problem being this isn't currently an option on the doorbells. Only door press announcements and not motion. Screenshot to show Tapo setting and Alexa not giving the option below.

Thanks

Options
2024-01-26 03:52:44

@Nivlek_76 

Hi,
The Tapo D230 supports Person Detected announcement, generally, you can see this option on the Alexa app. Please check if the firmware version of your Alexa device and the Alexa app version are up to date. If so, send me the version info for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-22 15:53:07 - last edited 2024-02-22 15:53:41

@Solla-topee 

I am having the same issue. Have you found a solution to this problem? I can't believe this doorbell won't announce movement notifications through the Alexa app. 

Options
2024-02-23 09:49:40 - last edited 2024-02-27 06:36:52

@David_Sleight @Nivlek_76   

Hi,

Currently, the doorbell camera Tapo D230 supports Person Detected announcements and Doorbell Press announcements. If one or all announcement options disappear on the Alexa app, it's recommended to pay attention to the thread below to see the solution.
Alexa Announcement and Alexa Routine Are Unavailable on the Alexa App for the Tapo Cameras

About the inquiry to support the motion announcement feature on the doorbell camera, I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-23 18:37:35

@David_Sleight 

Hi David, 

Thanks for chipping in as the last response from support (second part) they seems to have now acknowledged the problem I have been attempting to report!

(About the inquiry to support the motion announcement feature on the doorbell, I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.)

The solution that keeps being posted relates to Cameras only and I have never had a problem with cameras reporting motion through Alexa (I have 4 different types of Tapo Camera all work fine).

I'm sure I've said this before that my only problem relates to the 'Doorbell', unfortunately this seems to have lead to some confusion and the Camera Sollution (which is irrelavent), keeps being regurgitated....

I'd stopped resonding out of frustration so am relieved that it is finally getting looked!

Thanks

Options
RE:Alexa notifications of motion detected at doorbell
2024-04-09 16:58:59
same issue , need motion detection notifications, 5% people ring doorbells at best and i think when they see camera it reduces % even more because it presumes motion notifications
Options
RE:Alexa notifications of motion detected at doorbell
2024-06-17 14:58:13
I have today updated my H200 hub firmware and happened to look in the Alexa app... And it appears that motion detection is now available! Could someone please check and confirm?! Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1210

Replies: 8

Voters 2