How to repair with Smarthings?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-04 07:02:50 - last edited 2024-01-05 11:07:52
Model: KP125MP2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I was going through the process of adding a device to smartthings but it did not complete. 

I can see it got added to the iCloud Keychain but I don't see an option to generate a new code there.

when I try smartthings again with the sticker code it's asking to 'prepare the device' using the device user guide, and I am stuck at this point. Is there a way to reset the pairing?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to repair with Smarthings?-Solution
2024-01-05 11:07:48 - last edited 2024-01-05 11:07:52

@Aafg69 

Check out this article about how to add the Matter-certified device to multiple Matter controllers. How to add your Matter-Certified device into multiple controllers

Let me know if it works for you!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to repair with Smarthings?-Solution
2024-01-05 11:07:48 - last edited 2024-01-05 11:07:52

@Aafg69 

Check out this article about how to add the Matter-certified device to multiple Matter controllers. How to add your Matter-Certified device into multiple controllers

Let me know if it works for you!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to repair with Smarthings?
2024-01-06 04:04:38

@Wayne-TP Thanks,  I was able to pair them after doing a factory reset and remove the entry in the icloud keychain. I had to add the device first using the kasa app. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 2

Related Articles