Votes

Feedback Smart Action 2.0 (Geofencing), multiple phones ?

Votes

2023-12-06 16:33:53 - last edited 2024-07-17 10:31:38

Hi,

I tested Geofencing, it works well with my own phone. The action "arrives home" is run when i'am next my house.. 

My question is about the "supports multi-device", do you mean two phones ?

My idea is when me and my wife (both) are leaving home, the action "leaves home" is run, and when only one of our phone are next house, the actions arrives home is run.

It seems in the "When" option, we can't select more than 1 device, i can see only my phone even if i installed the beta app on my wife phone connected to my own account.

Moreover, there is no and choice, it's always one of the following triggers, so i think i can't configure the geofencing how i would like.

In the "if" option, there is no choice to select the status of other phone localization.

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Say Hello to Geofencing

• Use your location as an automation trigger.

• Supports multiple location triggers.

• Supports multi-device control from one Tapo account.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Feedback Smart Action 2.0 (Geofencing), multiple phones ?
2023-12-07 07:34:39

@panteror 

Geofencing takes effect based on the mobile device's GPS service. To enable Tapo Geofencing triggers for device mobile devices, please log in to your TP-Link account on each device and create a new automation separately.

The Geofencing does not available for the Condition at the moment. Let's wait and see whether it will be added in the future. 

p.s. You may adjust the subject to fit with this feature request. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
RE:Feedback Smart Action 2.0 (Geofencing), multiple phones ?
2024-07-17 19:17:54
+1
Options
Re:Feedback Smart Action 2.0 (Geofencing), multiple phones ?
2024-07-22 13:15:14

@panteror totally needed

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 687

Replies: 3

Voters 3