Votes

Improve Tapo application translation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-03 20:13:12
Tags: #Translation

I use the Tapo app in Portuguese from Portugal language, and I see terrifying mistakes in the translation. Errors in a manner that is hard to hunderstand what some functions are supposed to do.

Let me mention some examples:

• When creating an automation triggered by a motion detector, to make the hub ring. Ring in Portuguese can be translated to "tocar" to ring a bell or a siren, but can also be translated to "anel" to wear a ring in a finger. Now guess how is it translated... "hub inteligente anel" instead of "tocar hub inteligente"
  • Using a temperature and humidity sensor to trigger an action when the humidity is over some limit. Over can be translated to "acima" that is the value is above a certain limit, but can also be translated to "acabou" meaning that something ended. Now the translation in the app is "a umidade acabou" when I try to trigger something when the humidity is very high. It comes out that the humidity ended.... totally nonsense...
  • And by the way... humidity translates to "humidade" and not "umidade".

Please pay attention to this subject because it makes the application unreliable and hard to use in some functions.

I don't known if this kind of mistakes also happen in other languages, but they are very strange...

Options
1 Reply
Re:Improve Tapo application translation
2023-11-06 07:54:08

@Nuno00 

Thank you for your feedback. The information will be forwarded to the related department, If you have anything to add, please feel free to reply to this thread!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

Translation