Tapo D230S1 Doorbell Video Call Feature

Votes

Tapo D230S1 Doorbell Video Call Feature

20 Reply
Re:Tapo D230S1 Doorbell Video Call Feature
2023-10-26 11:07:51

@alex6361 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature requests.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-02 18:41:06

@Solla-topee 

Has this been solved? I just set up yesterday and till today only able to see doorbell ringing on my lock screen. Only for once I was able to see the video calling mode today then after that I don't get nothing accept motion detection similar to C210 cctvs at home. Pls adv.

Options
2023-11-03 08:58:18

@CONTAY  from the previous reply, only when the Tapo app is opened, you can see the doorbell call banner on your phone when someone is pressing your doorbell.

Solla-topee wrote

@adamant055 @Dipil 

Hi, 
Thank you for the case report.

Currently, when the Doorbell Video Call feature is enabled on the Tapo app for the Tapo D230, you will receive a call that displays as Tapo Doorbell when someone presses your Tapo D230 and when you open the Tapo app.
If the Tapo app or the phone screen is closed, you will receive a notification that ringing is different from other notifications on your phone when someone presses your Tapo D230, and you can press it to go to the Tapo app to receive the video call.

Thank you very much for your feedback about the notification feature, I'll record it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-03 09:05:54

@alex6361 

Hi everyone. As mentioned before..I no longer have the doorbell. I sent it back and got a refund.

Options
2023-12-02 15:41:19

@Daniellc 

Bought the doorbell as it got good reviews plus I have the tado app and other items that I was pleased with.

should have read this forum first.  
The inability to separate movement etc notifications from the doorbell notification makes the unit annoying at best and almost useless.

Just needs two switches, on to enable/disable doorbell notifications and another for movement, person etc detection. Still needs the detection and recording of detections but not the notification.

Think it's going to have to be returned and try another make!

Options
RE:Tapo D230S1 Doorbell Video Call Feature
2023-12-25 07:56:04
Please add this important feature to the Tapo doorbell, as without it callers can easily be missed.
Options
Re:Tapo D230S1 Doorbell Video Call Feature-Solution
2023-12-26 07:46:28 - last edited 2023-12-26 07:47:05

Hi All,
With Smart Action 2.0, you can configure on the Tapo app not to receive notifications when the camera detects events, but to receive notifications when someone presses the doorbell. Below are the detailed steps.
1. On the camera's Device Settings>Notifications page, you can disable the notification feature, and the camera won't receive notifications when it detects events.

2. On the Smart tab, try to add an Automation entry:
1) Trigger is when the doorbell is pressed.
2) Action is Send Me Notifications, and you can customize the notification content.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-11 09:07:03

I really find it hard to believe that despite numerous calls on this forum for Tapo/TP-Link to separate notifications for motion detection and doorbell ring, NOTHING has been done and until now, the only workaround is some smart automation that doesn't seem to have been rolled out yet. Have you guys used any other video doorbells before? It's literally one of the most basic features.

In the app, you do have the option to exclude all activities from Notifications but somehow this just doesn't work. It's either I miss out on doorbell rings and motion detection together OR I get bombarded with notifications through the day. I have almost never been more disappointed with a tech purchase as this. And such a pity too, because the video quality and detection sensitivity are far better than my Ring doorbells.

Seriously, I am very curious how hard it is to add this basic functionality in the app. Is there a good reason for excluding it?

Options
2024-09-02 02:19:42

When the doorbell is pressed, the iPhone14 rings like a normal phone call. (I followed set-up instructions to have it set to just vibrate for other notifications from the doorbell) I can (& do) set different ringtones for various contacts, but the doorbell or hub aren't in contact list. So how would I select an appropriate ringtone?

Options
2024-09-02 09:58:07

@Maldeva 

Hi,
Though the iPhone rings like a normal phone call when the doorbell is pressed, it's unable to set the specific ringtone for the doorbell video call. 
The doorbell video call will use the ringtone you configured on the iPhone's Settings>Sounds & Haptics page.
Best Regards

Options

Voters 3