Motion sensor and lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Motion sensor and lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Motion sensor and lights
Motion sensor and lights
2023-08-20 10:26:31

Hey guys,
For my home automation I'm mostly using Tapo products and Alexa. I should be receiving Tapo motion sensor any day now and I thought about using it together with the Tapo light switch in my home corridor. So when I enter my home and it's dark (and only when it's dark), I'd like the sensor to trigger my light in the corridor and if there is no movement for certain amount of time to switch it off. Is it possible through Tapo app? Should I use IFTTT, or maybe something else?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Motion sensor and lights
2023-08-21 06:17:06

@sivaci2754 

It's a pity that Tapo does not have a light sensor. The motion sensor and the smart light bulb are unable to detect ambient brightness, thus unable to achieve the scenario you are aiming for.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1096

Replies: 1

Related Articles