luminosity sensor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

luminosity sensor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
luminosity sensor
luminosity sensor
2023-08-17 08:29:15

Hi,

I have installed a C310 camera outside, a motion sensor in our staircase and some bulbs, plugs etc. From the beginning I was wondering why the motion sensor has no brightness sensor included. Okay because its a motion sensor, but the point is I haven't find a way how to connect our luminaires and lighting automation to the brightness of the day. At the moment I added a time schedule to the automation but this does not cover cloudy/rainy days or situations like that. I need to change the start and stop time every time by hand. 

So I would be glad if someone can tell me if there is a possibility to bring the brightness in my automation somehow.

thank you in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:luminosity sensor
2023-08-18 05:58:29

@AndreKoerner 

The kasa switch KS220M have a ambient light sensor, we use it to turn on the lights on the stairway when motion is detected. 

Options
2023-08-18 08:50:19

@GabrielMitch thanks for that information. This one could be a solution but normally I would not need a switch and it would be strange if this is the only way to have a ambient light sensor in TP-Links smart home products.

Perhaps there is an other way.

Options
2023-08-22 06:54:27

@AndreKoerner 

I don't see that they have launched any light sensor so far, not that I can recall. Perhaps this can be achieved by a software update? But i'm doubted...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 3

Related Articles