Votes

Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise

Votes

Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise

25 Reply
Re:Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise
2024-07-31 06:07:42

@Jasesun An update from a post I made earlier. After testing, I found the spotlight on this camera is weak, so it would not really help me if it came on at night with detection. I ended up connecting my outdoor light to a Tapo plug switch and through the App Automation function, controlled the light to come on when the camera makes a detection at night.

Options
Re:Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise
2024-07-31 18:46:08

Now that I think about it, they probably haven't implemented this because it would reduce battery life, and they wouldn't be able to make outrageous claims of 300-day battery life because almost everyone would enable the spotlight-on-motion feature 

Options
RE:Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise
2024-08-03 04:11:26
Purchase camera that can track movement. AI works great but the spotlight only came on one night. It was great. It lit up the area so I could find the keyhole in our front door. But we did have a back visit the spot by it soon to be intrigued by the movement
Options
RE:Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise
2024-08-19 02:30:44
Surely a simple software change is all that is needed to implement this feature? While they're at it they could make it work with Google home app like Wyse cameras do i.e. Actually show the live stream in the Google Home app
Options
2024-08-20 19:41:14 - last edited 2024-08-20 23:07:53

I have the new C425 battery camera but I have the solar panel so the battery should survive the occasional detection with the light on. I would like to see this feature added.

After looking through some of the comments here l saw that the light settings are in the ALARM tab. Although you can't set the light to stay on it will flash on and off.  That works good to scare off intruders at least. Thanks to all on this site for the helpful info.

Options

Voters 19

+ 15 Voters