C210 infrared sensor blinking/clicking sound

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-01 08:05:36
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 221218

Our camera becomes offline, and upon checking, the infrared sensor/light is blinking with an accompanying clicking sound. I tried resetting it, worked for a couple of days and the problem returns again.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C210 infrared sensor blinking/clicking sound
2023-08-02 08:36:18

@chocobun 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. We need more info to locate the problem, please help confirm:
1. Describe your network diagram and usage scenario in detail. For example, the network diagram is the Internet--wireless router))) Tapo Camera and you are stream the camera via the Tapo app locally.

2. When the camera shows offline on the Tapo app, is your phone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the camera? How about the System LED status on the camera?

3. If you just reboot the camera rather than reset it, will it work again?

4. On the Tapo app>Camera Settings page of the Tapo C210>Click on the camera picture>tap the Wi-Fi icon, what's the RSSI displayed?

5. If you change the wireless channel and channel width on the router, and move the camera closer to the router, will the camera remain online?

6. Can you share a video about the problem with us? You can send me the link to download the video via private message.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-04 02:15:53

@Solla-topee 

Currently, the camera is working again. We just unplugged it for a couple of minutes. But this also happened a few times already. 

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I am streaming the camera via the Tapo app locally.

2. When the camera is offline, I am connected to the same wifi network as the camera. For the LED status, there aren't any indicators. No red or green blinking light. Only the infrared sensor/light is blinking with a clicking sound. I know the network and app are fine because we also have an L530 Smart Bulb on the same local network. I can also access our C200 camera on a different house. 

3. Yes, I tried rebooting it by unplugging the power supply. But sometimes it needs a longer "cooldown" time. If I plugged it after a minute, the infrared blinking/flashing I am talking about returns immediately as I plugged it. I can't reset the camera too. Nothing happens even if I press the reset button as long as I could.

4. When the camera is working, the RSSI is -48.

5. The camera is not that far from the router. Probably less than 2 meters.

6. If the camera malfunctions again, I'll take a video and send you a link.

Thank you for your response. 

Options
2023-08-04 08:14:37

@chocobun 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your cooperation, and I'll wait for the link to download the video.

By the way, please help check the System LED status of the Tapo C210 when it's working, and how often the problem you report happens.

If the System LED is turned off on the camera, please turn it on via the Tapo app.

Best Regards

Options