Votes

Home Marker Position and Motion Tracking (360 cameras)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-31 20:08:21
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

You should be allowed to select only one of the markers and give one of them a home marker, this means the camera will return to this position if you or someone have changed the angle with the controller of the 360 camera. In my case I want it to point back at the front of the garden. This means the camera will always be recording what I want, and track the right things. For example, if my family member used the camera and decided to point it at just a brick wall behind it, then I would have to go back into the app and fix it to point in the right direction as they have left the app and not fixed it after using it, but with this feature the camera would return to the main position after a set time of no input.

I would suggest implementing this by the user going to markers, holding down on one of the markers, and pressing a home icon near it. A home marker can only be set for one marker. This could be an optional feature and the camera will return to this home position after some time of no input from the controller such as a minute or less.

This feature would give you a little bit of ease of mind.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would also suggest a feature of a zone for motion tracking, as I only want my camera to track closer to my part of my house. This could be implemented by making the user controller the camera to set the zones, for example the app will prompt the person to go as far left that they want the motion tracking to track, this goes for as far up,right,down. This will set a limit for how many degrees the camera will use for motion tracking. I think it would be really useful as sometimes my camera is tracking someone at the end of the road unneccessarily, and I would rather if it tracked my area.

Another thing which be nice to have is ai detection if a gate is opened and to receive a notification upon this but I think this may be too advanced for the camera.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++#

The timeline of checking previous history of camera footage is extremly hard to use, it's pretty hard to use as it's hard to go on the time that you want with the seconds, there should be modifications for more precision, it would be great to be able to see previews of the footage whilst sliding your thumb across the time lime

The c500 camera motion tracks the rain constantly which is really annoying, since there is person detection it would be great to have pet detection and car detection - allowing you to disable the untrustworthy motion detection which tracks dumb things like moving clothes on clothing line or umbrella.

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Home Marker Position and Motion Tracking (360 cameras)
2023-08-01 07:32:56

@Adamx 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature requests.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Home Marker Position and Motion Tracking (360 cameras)
2023-11-03 13:14:15
Yes
Options
RE:Home Marker Position and Motion Tracking (360 cameras)
2023-11-03 13:17:48
That function of the camera returning to a marker is the same as what I have suggested, and if they put it in the application for all Tapo models they would gain sales Up Up Up
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 627

Replies: 3

Voters 2