Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

70 Reply
RE:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
Friday
MANDATORY FEATURE
Options
Friday

@Meza17 Good point, i will 100% surely not pay any cloud service, when content will be lost always when I've to change WLAN

Options
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
Friday
If I would have known this basic feature is not in camera, I would have never bought tp-link tapo camera. Fool me once, you will not fool me second time.
Options
Friday

@Solla-topee Since issue has been clearly there for several years, it's clear that TP-LINK has *NO* intention of fixing it. 

I'm sorry for trusting into tp-brand and making mistake of buying their camera. Since it's clear that tp-link won't fix problem, 

EVERYONE..

BE WARNED 

DO NOT BUY TAPO TP-LINK CAMERAS

YOU WILL BE BADLY DISAPPOINTED WHEN YOU EVENTUALLY NEED TO TOUCH WIFI SETTINGS

AGAIN DO NOT BUY, CANNOT RECOMMEND

Options
Friday

Bought 2 cameras,

- I need to install them in WLAN

- but I already know that WLAN will be changing, since service provider is changing

=> Thus screwed up, since after installing cameras high up places, it's simply NO-GO to take cameras down with ladder to reset camera, loose all data, and restart from the beginning

=> it's simply NO-GO

BETTER to just RETURN this garbage

Luckily did not start paying for cloud service, just to loose all data due to need to reset camera. How someone could be so low IQ that even passing product in such state into market. Oh yes, I know, it's to grab money and run approach, even reviewers won't notice problem immediately, since they just install it in their local network, and then test few days, so changing wifi does not come up. It's like those chinese phones, which behave nicely for 2 months after doing initial setup in phone, but after that start sending ads like grazy to phone. Tp-link is similarly screwing customers.

Just need to write lengthy angry notes in tp-link forums to warn users to stay away from these.

It has been several years, and tp-link has not shown any interest of fixing issue, which means that they have absolutely zero intention to fix problem. 

NOT RECOMMENDED, DO NOT BUY TAPO TP-LINK cameras.

Options
Friday

@SN13LET Very true, must be able to change WLAN.

And actually that is what I've to do as *first* step now for few cameras, setup them initial WLAN, which will be very soon replaced by another.

Playing this kind of tricks "install cameras into 5m high, then again take ladders and take them down to reset" games just don't play well with me, and should not play well with anyone.

Options
Friday
This basic functionality was missed.
Options
Friday

@Contraband yeah, did just "change WLAN" in one camera, ..., and it was truly frustrating process. Lost one of the tiny screws also, and had to spend time searching it. Due to this cannot place these camera in locations which require tooling (like ladder), must be placed in level were can reach them from the ground (which makes also convenient for anyone wanting to disable camera), since have to have access to camera to do basic functionality. 

Most likely should return camera and take money back.

Options
Saturday

@Home_Cameras Please add this feature, i'm remote controlling my property in south america from europe. It would be really nice not to travel around the globe just to push the reset button.

Options
Saturday
Cameras and all the other Wi-Fi products
Options

Voters 62

+ 58 Voters

Tags

WIFI SSID Reset