Activity notification always switched off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-27 22:27:11
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The activity notifications option will continuously turn itself off. What is the reason for this? Is it a bug in my camera software or is it a global problem affecting other devices? T225

Options
3 Reply
Re:Activity notification always switched off
2023-04-28 07:07:36

@lenovomen 

Hi,
I did a test with the Tapo C225, and there is no problem to keep the Activity Notifications option enabled. In this case, please make sure the firmware of the Tapo C225 and the Tapo app installed are up to date. And if the problem remains, help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. The firmware and hardware version of the Tapo C225.
2. The model number and OS version of your phone, and the version of the Tapo app.
3. Please refer to the link below to get the log of the Tapo C225 and send it to us.
How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Best Regards

Options
2023-04-28 07:21:36

@Solla-topee My dear friend! I am using an Iphone with the camera and the phone has the latest firmware version installed. 

Please try this:
1. Enable activity notification option
2. Close the program on your phone
3. Open the tapo app again
4. Check that the notification option is still active. 

The next time I turn the tapo apk on and then close it, the function will not be turned on. 

Do the updates overwrite the whole firmware version or only a part of the code?

Options
2023-04-28 11:44:29

@lenovomen 

Hi,
I did a test according to the steps you mentioned, and there is no problem to save the changes I made. On your end, please try to connect your phone to the router that the camera connected, then Enable the activity notification option>back to the previous page(Detection&Alerts)>go to the Activity Notifications page again to ensure the option is on>close the Tapo app on your phone>reopen the Tapo app>check if the Activity Notifications is on.
If the problem remains, Please refer to the link below to get the log of the camera and send it to us. Please also send me the camera's model, firmware, hardware version, and your Tapo app version.
How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

About the firmware update question, please refer to the thread "How the update process works?"
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 3

Related Articles