Votes

Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share

Votes

Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share

32 Reply
Re:Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share
a week ago

@Grevel 

I am just building up my house Wi-Fi with TP-Link Mesh Deco XE-74, and I am also actively looking for an PoE Outdoor Camera to be able to store videos on my custom SBM server. I have a raspberry with many functions. 1) It has a fine DAC, so I play music from Laptops and Phones via AirPlay over the network, then convert it to analogue audio and send it to my old analogue audio gear. 2) Have a home file server installed with USB3 attached hard disks through SMB server over Linux OS. 

So for the SMB file server, it would be great to have an outdoor camera supporting SMB. In this way, I will have the possibility to add SSD storage without limits :)

Also opening the video files from any device from the local network accessing the file server.

Options
RE:Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share
a week ago
I am just building up my house Wi-Fi with TP-Link Mesh Deco XE-75, and I am also actively looking for an PoE Outdoor Camera to be able to store videos on my custom SBM server. I have a raspberry with many functions. 1) It has a fine DAC, so I play music from Laptops and Phones via AirPlay over the network, then convert it to analogue audio and send it to my old analogue audio gear. 2) Have a home file server installed with USB3 attached SSD disks through SMB server over Raspberry/Linux OS.  So for the SMB file server, it would be great to have an outdoor camera supporting SMB. In this way, I will have the possibility to add SSD storage without limits :) Also opening the video files from any device from the local network accessing the file server.
Options

Voters 30

+ 26 Voters

Tags